OHS635

 

Level 3 OHS Committee Minutes

 

 

 

SCIENCE/School of PHYSICS

 

Date

Wednesday 4th April 2012

 

Time

12-2pm

 

Place

G05 Committee Room

 

Attendance

Jon Everett, Sue Fraser, Tamara Reztsova (left 1:45pm), Peter Reece (arrived 1pm), Richard Newbury, Otte Homan, Shane Hengst,

Vicki Lowe, Lance Islip,

 

 

Apologies

Sue Fraser

 

 

 

 Agenda Item

Report from

 

1.    Welcome and Apologies

Jon

 

2.    Minutes of the previous meeting held

-       N/A

 

Jon

 

3.    Action items and matters arising from the previous meeting

 

Jon

 

4.    Correspondence In & Out

4.1   Hand out – New Work & Safety Act Changes to Consultation Requirements
4.2   Updates

 

Karine

 

Lance

 

5.    Chairperson’s Report

5.1   Items from L1 & L2 OHS Committees

-       L1: Smoke Free Campus

-       L2: Now Faculty Executive Meetings, consult risk management, quarterly meetings

5.2   OHS Website updates

-       Underway

-       Either George or Shane to update once Karine leaves

5.3   New/changes to OHS legislation/standards

-       New Standard on ‘Flammable Solids’

-       New Codes of Practices is now signed off by SafeWork councilNew/changes to UNSW OHS policy/procedure/guidelines

-       New Risk Management

-       Chemical & Security Concerns with risk management

5.4   Committee compliance with consultation procedure

-       Went through checklist on L3 Health & Safety Consultation Committee Compliance Checklist

-     Resultant action items: 1. Committee training for Otte 2. Meet quarterly 3. Minutes distribution (website, noticeboard) 4. Annual Workplace inspection

 

Lance, Jon & Karine

 

6.    Progress on OHSMS Implementation Plan

6.1   In talks with most Area Supervisors

6.2   Website

6.3   Self audit tool, forwarded to Richard once submitted

 

Karine

 

7.    Inspection, Testing and Monitoring Program

7.1   Workplace OHS inspections
- Will be discussed between committee meetings
7.2   Electrical testing and tagging
-       Out of date
-       Procedure for all new incoming electrical equipment via Physics Store was discussed
-       PAT testing should be readily available
7.3   RCD testing
- Area supervisor to press button on the local RCD
7.4   OHS audits

 

 

Jon and Karine

 

 

8.    OHS Training Program

8.1   Training needs analysis (training gaps)
- Discussed at next meeting
8.2   Training plan
- Train new laser safety officers
8.3   Training completed
8.4   Inductions

 

 

Karine

 

 

9.    First aid, Emergency and Security
9.1    OMB emergency personnel 
9.2    UNSW smoking policy 
- Will implemented July 2012

 

 

Karine

Jon

 

10. Changes to Workplace 
10.1               Facilities, processes and OHS specifications 
10.1.1.                  Refurbishment and maintenance
10.1.2.                  Plant, equipment and furniture
10.2               Hazardous substances, dangerous goods, radiation hazards 
10.3               Management decisions that may impact on OHS 
10.3.1.                  Changes to assigned OHS responsibilities

10.3.2.                  Relocations and other issues

 

Next Meeting

 

 

Richard, Jon, lance, Karine

 

 

 

Richard

Richard, Jon

Richard

 

11. Hazard and Incidents Reports and Review

 

Next Meeting

 

Lance, Jon

 

12. Corrective Actions Register Review and Update

 

Next Meeting

 

Karine

Register custodian(s)

 

13. OHS Hazard & Risk Register Review and Update

13.1               Risk assessment review and approval

13.2               Register update

Next Meeting

 

All

Register custodian(s)

 

14. New business

Next Meeting

 

All

 

15. Business without notice

Next Meeting

 

 

All

 

16. Next meeting and future dates for the year

25th June 2012 11am (Monday)

24th September 2012 11am (Monday)

14th December 2012 11am (Friday)

 

Jon

 

17. Close of Meeting

3pm

 

Jon

 

 

Action Items

 

Action

Date

Minute Distribution on Website & Noticeboard

June 2012

Workplace Inspections to be discussed: Checklist, Privacy

June 2012

Otte to be trained as a committee member

July 2012

PAT Testing procedure to be revised

June 2012

 

 

 

 

To be discussed at next meeting (25th June 2012):

 

1.                             OHS Training Program (8)

2.                             Changes to Workplace (10)

3.                             Hazard and Incidents Reports and Review (11)

4.                             Corrective Actions Register Review and Update (12)

 

 

 

 

Office Bearers:

 

 

 

Jon Everett                                                        Patricia Furst

Committee Chairperson (x56300)              Committee Secretary (x54553)

 

 

 

Shane Hengst

Outreach Rep & Minute Taker (x54053)

 

Related document: OHS337 OHS Consultation Procedure