The menu on the left provides links to more detailed information on commonly asked Computing questions. Before logging a computing related help request please check that the answer is not contained in these documents.
For general help with UN*X please visit the Physics Workstation Guide which has extensive information and examples.
- If the request relates to the servers Astro or Wink (ie installation of software, user accounts, general help)
- If the request relates to your workstation/PC or laptop
- If the request relates to the Astrophysics Web page (http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/astro)
- To raise a Computing related purchase order
- To retrieve files from the backup system
- If the request relates to the servers Newt, Lizard, or Goliath
- To add or remove people from Physics Mailing lists (includes wwwastro, antarctic and Star Formation exploders)
- To obtain a Physics IMAP email account
- To obtain personal web space. Newt is the School's official webserver.
- To obtain access to a MYSQL database. Please include information on what the database will be used for and an appropriate name for the database.
Specific Online Forms